1.(d ) = to hate with very strong feeling.
ex. I (d ) people who deceive and tell lies.
2. (f ) = to pretend to have or be
ex. The students were bored but some tried to (f ) interest.
3. (c ) = to feel or express sympathy, sorrow, or pity for a person
ex. I (c d) with my friend after he failed his examination.
4. (m ) = to interest oneself or take action in something which is not his concern.
ex. Don’t (m ) in other people’s affairs.
5. (p ) = to read through carefully.
ex. He (p d) the newspaper looking for news of his hometown.
6. (r ) = to use the same ideas again in a new form which is not really different
ex. A politician who keeps (r ing) the same old speech is not popular.
7. (i ) = to fix ideas, principles, etc. in the mind of someone.
ex. The virtue of patience was (i d) into me at an early age.
8. (i ) = to give a feeling of strength and/or power to
ex. The early morning jog refreshed and (i d) her.
1．detect (きらう）2．feign (ふりをする）3.commiserated (あわれむ）4.meddle (干渉する)
5.perused (熟読する) 6. rehashing (作りかえる) 7. inculcated (教え込む)
8. invigorated （元気づける)