1. a very young dog.
“Bob has two (p…..ies).”
2. When someone asks, “What does that word (m…)?”, you answer by telling what it intends to say.
3. Thomas Edison had great (f….). = Everybody thought much of him
4. a father and mother and their children
5. Farmers work hard in the spring and summer, and in the fall, they have good (c….s).
= They get many good things to eat from their farms.
6. All the parts of the world that are covered with water
7. In Japan, if you want to go somewhere by train, you go to the nearest station, buy a
ticket and get on the train and get off where you want to get off. This is how it works.
This is the (s….).
Or, if you want to send a letter to anyone anywhere in the world, put the right postage on the envelope and mail it. It will get there. That is a (s….).
8. high. There are many (t…) buildings in Tokyo. Taro is (t…). His is (t…er)
than Jiro. Taro is the (t…est) of the three brothers.
9. When you look at words and understand them, you are (r…ing) them.
10. make something new, something nobody has ever made
“Thomas Edison (i…..ed) records.”
Answers; 1. puppy 2. mean 3. fame 4. family 5. crop 6. sea 7. system
8. tall 9. read 10. invent